Delicious Weeknight Dinner: Pasta Carbonara!
Now that kids are back at school, summer is over…sigh. With fall activities back in session, our schedule is busier than ever. When our outside world seems to get a little hectic, embracing simplicity within our home has been the key to finding a happy and sustainable family balance.
I am always looking for new ideas and ways get healthy, wholesome meals on the table for our family without having to spend hours in the kitchen each and every day.
I recently came across a recipe that is simple, delicious and good for the soul! This Pasta Carbonara is perfect for a weekday dinner that everyone will LOVE. Plus, this meal can be frozen and saved for another night or reheated for a delicious lunch.
Easy Pasta Carbonara
- 1/2 box of dry spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 cup of spinach
- Cook your pasta in a pot of salted boiling water.
- While it is cooking, heat a pan over medium heat with olive oil. Add the garlic and bacon and cook until crispy.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, salt, pepper, heavy cream, and parmesan.,
- Drain your pasta, but keep 1/2 cup to use in your sauce.
- Add your pasta to the pan with the bacon and mix together. Add pasta water and spinach while you’re stirring.
- Turn off the heat and add the egg mixture. Stir constantly until the sauce becomes creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
ABOUT SEASONAL ROOTS
Since 2011, Seasonal Roots’ online farmers market has connected Virginia families with local family farmers who use sustainable, humane practices. Our veggie fairies – mostly moms and dads who believe in living better through scrumptious, healthy eating, being kind to animals, protecting the environment, and spreading joy – home-deliver freshly harvested produce, eggs, grass-fed dairy and meat, plus artisan fare. We empower our members to eat better and live better with more nutritious, flavorful food that’s good for us and good for the planet. More info at seasonalroots.com.