Summer Mocktail or Cocktail Recipes!
It’s hard to beat a cold refreshing drink while enjoying the great outdoors this Memorial Day — or any day! Whether you’re at the beach soaking up some rays or just kicking back on the patio, you’ve got to try these yummy drink recipes. They’re fun, fresh, and actually pretty healthy, whether you serve them as mocktails or cocktails, because they start with super fresh local produce.
Strawberry Cooler Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 5 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup ginger ale
- crushed ice
- additional strawberries, optional
- In a blender, process the water, sliced strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and zest in batches until smooth.
- Strain the berry seeds if desired.
- Pour mixture into a pitcher; stir in the ginger ale.
- Serve in chilled glasses over ice. Garnish with strawberries and enjoy. Or add vodka for a refreshing cocktail.
The Green Giant: A Garden-Fresh Cocktail With Peas
Peas?! Yeah, seriously, you have to try this refreshing green cocktail. It’s perfect for spring!
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 sugar snap peas
- 1 sprig tarragon
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- 3/4 ounce honey
- Muddle 4 sugar snap peas, 10 to 12 tarragon leaves, and honey in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and shake with ice.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass over crushed ice.
- Garnish with two sugar snap peas.
Celery Cup No. 1
- 2-inch piece celery stalk
- 1-inch slice cucumber (fresh, English)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (fresh)
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1-1/2 ounces cucumber vodka
- 3/4 ounce agave nectar
- In a mixing glass, muddle the cucumber, celery, cilantro, and lemon juice into a pulp.
- Add the vodka and agave nectar.
- Cover in ice and shake hard for 10 seconds.
- Strain into a tall glass over fresh ice and garnish with a piece of celery.
- Serve and enjoy!
This delicious and refreshing cocktail is perfect for a sunny day, or it can even cheer up a cloudy day.
- 1 lime
- 5 strawberries
- 1 sprig mint
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 ounces white rum
- 2 to 3 ounces club soda
- strawberry, garnish
- sprig of mint, garnish
- lime wedge, garnish
- Cut the lime in half, then cut each half into three or four wedges. Remove the stems and slice the strawberries. Pull six to eight leaves from a sprig of mint, leaving the top intact for a garnish.
- In a tall glass, add 3 to 4 lime wedges, the sliced strawberries, and individual mint leaves. Top with the sugar.
- Muddle well to mash the fruit and dissolve the sugar.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and add the rum.
- Stir well to integrate the fruit and mint into the ice. Top with soda.
- Garnish with a strawberry, lime wedge, and sprig of mint. Serve and enjoy!
Credit: thespruceeats.com & tasteofhome.com